(405) 550-8806

Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you located?

We are currently located in the Robinson Crossing Shopping Center at 1268 N. Interstate Drive in Norman, Oklahoma. Please note, however, that this is different from our mailing address: P.O. Box 592, Washington, OK 73093.

Do I need an appointment?

No, you do not need an appointment to speak to someone during our regular morning hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

What if I don't have all my military records?

Bring any military records you have, and we will assist you with locating and retrieving the necessary military documents.

What are the next steps after my visit?

At your initial visit, you will be advised where and how to obtain evidence to assist with your claim. When any of that evidence becomes available, return to us for more discussion and further instructions.

Who pays for medical services?

The client will pay for the services of a medical provider. If the Dale K. Graham Veterans Foundation has agreed to pay for a medical provider’s services, the client will have a check ready to present to the medical provider at the time services are rendered.

May I send my papers to you?

No. Please do not send any papers to us.  You must bring your papers to our facility and stay to visit with our volunteers.

When should I arrive?

The Dale K. Graham Veterans Foundation is open every Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 a.m. Due to space limitations, no clients will be admitted after we reach our daily limit – typically before 8 a.m.

What do I need to bring?

Bring all your VA papers every time you visit. Also, please bring your military separation papers, such as a DD-214.

What should I expect during my first visit?

During your first visit you will be asked about military service (for example, when and where did the military service occur?). You will also be asked about the tasks performed during military service. We will assist you with ordering military records and provide information about the VA claims process. Any necessary forms will be created and submitted on your behalf.

How much does it cost?

Dale K. Graham Veterans Foundation never charges for its services. We are an all-volunteer organization that receives no state or federal funding. We function on private donations and grants.

May a medical provider send in client papers?

No. Medical providers may not send in any client papers to the Dale K. Graham Veterans Foundation. All documents should be provided to the client, who should bring them to our facility during their visit.

What are the steps for a surviving spouse to receive benefits?

For a spouse to receive DIC VA Benefits, a service connected disability or one presumptive of military service must be listed on the death certificate as a primary cause of death or a contributing cause of death.

Be sure the person that will sign the Veteran’s death certificate (at the funeral home or a medical person at a hospital) is aware of any and all service connected disabilities that could have caused or contributed to the Veteran’s death (Item 35, Part II on an Oklahoma Death Certificate).

This will help the spouse file a successful claim to receive VA benefits after the Veteran’s death.

Support Us

The Dale K. Graham Veteran’s Foundation has one full-time employee, and every dollar raised goes back to the veterans.